TUVPN is about choices. We keep adding VPN servers, VPN protocols and other features to our network, and give you access to everything. However, sometimes too many choices can be overwhelming. Worry not. We have compiled here ALL necessary information so you can make the most of your TUVPN account - regardless of whether you are a complete newbie to VPNs, or a seasoned guru!
Ok, so you want to be up and running NOW and don't feel like reading FAQs or making any choices at this moment. You just want a FAST, SECURE, RELIABLE and EASY TO USE VPN. That's fine!. Follow these easy steps and we'll get you going quickly and without fuss!:
1. Download TUVPN OpenVPN Installer.
2. Execute the installer. Its an easy process. In the Tutorials Section you have detailed information for your Operating System if needed.
3. You will have a new OpenVPN GUI icon in your tray area. 'Right click' on it and you will get a list of available servers in the TUVPN network. Choose the best for you (our Speed Test Tool will help here), you will then be asked for the VPN Username and Password provided to you in our Service Activation email. If you have subscribed to our Dedicated IP Service, remember to connect to the appropriate server. That's it, you are now connected to the TUVPN network and can enjoy new levels of security and freedom on the Internet!.
If you are reading this then you want to enjoy the full power of CHOICE!. Good, then pay attention and learn all the options that TUVPN puts in your hands!:
1. The first and most important decision. Which VPN protocol should you use? TUVPN currently offers four VPN protocols: OpenVPN, SSH2 Tunnels, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP. Which one you choose will depend on a number of factors like the device on which you intend to use your VPN, the country you are in, your ISP (some block PPTP), and the level of security you expect. To make it easier for you we have summarized it all in this faq entry.
2. After deciding on which protocol to use, you will have to configure your system to use it. In our Tutorials Section you will find the very best VPN tutorials you will find on the Internet for different Operating Systems and devices (Win7, Win Vista, Win XP, Ubuntu, Mac, IPhone, Android, DD-WRT router etc). Read the one for your system and configure your VPN for the desired protocol with ease.
3. With your TUVPN account you get unlimited traffic and access to all the servers on TUVPN's network. So your next choice will be deciding on which VPN server to connect. Speed wise, you can use our Speed Test Tool to easily check which is the faster vpn server accessible to you. But not only speed is important. Choosing the appropriate server depends also on the use you want to make of it (i.e. if you want to access content specific for a certain country you will have to access a server in that country).
4. Finally you will have to decide if any of the additional features of your TUVPN account are useful for you, or at least know that they exist in case you can use them in the future! A quick walk-through them:
With this we have covered all you need to know to start using the TUVPN Service at its full capacity. If you are not yet satisfied and would like to know even more about TUVPN and VPNs in general, don't worry, we have more: